Pages

September 27, 2013

A Leap Of Faith

Eversince, I want God to show me what to do with my life. I mean His will for my life. Since I went back to Bicol last March 2012, I am really seeking God for His plans for me. I tend to become frustrated whenever my plans didn't go my way. 

I really have the heart to work abroad, I mean just being practical. I have that desire, but I want it to be God's desire also for my life. It's a big bonus if it is really His will for me. Since then I dreamed of working in Western countries like Australia or Canada or even USA. My heart was so excited for those countries. But then I remember what Pastor Jun once told me, "Wag mo tulungan si God, kung Will Niya talaga sayo na makapunta ka ng Australia, eh makakapunta ka. Baka mafrustrate ka lang pag di nangyari. Let His will be done sa buhay mo." That's the thought of what Pastor Jun have said and I took it by heart. True enough. I've surrendered my plans on Him. I used to worry about my future but God always reminded me of His promise in Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." True, right?

When 2013 came, I had in mind that I will someday apply for a job abroad, but I didn't even thought that it would be this soon. One of my churchmates, once told me that he had visions about me, but it's unclear, so he didn't told me about it. What he said was like this: " if may opportunity na dumating sa'yo, just grab it, as for now I know what you are pertaining to." A week or two after he said to me those lines, an opportunity came for me to apply abroad. I got excited and I ready my resume. But then I realized one thing, is this the opportunity that he has said to me? I considered it as a YES. It's a blessing from God. But the hard part is the country is Middle East. I don't want to go there ever since. I'm afraid of all the chaos that's happening out there. Then God reminded me again of His promise in Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." What a relief. 

But then my heart was still not okay about the application, but I already took a leap of faith. So I asked God for people who will be with me in prayers. I challenged people and all glory to God they committed to be my prayer partners. Every time, they are updated of my application. Bit by bit, God's showing His provisions for me.

FINANCIAL PROVISIONS
At the time that I was applying, I am currently working as a job-order nurse in our local hospital in my hometown and I am earning a monthly allowance of 3,000-4,000. At first, I thought that my allowance would suffice the requirements that I need but I'm wrong. We have so many requirements but above all God provided all the needed money. Once I said to my prayer partners that I was saddened that I didn't get that week my allowance for June. But God is good,cause He has a purpose why He delayed that. I got my allowance on the first week of July and on that week we need to pay 2500php for redribbon and stamping of our COE. Blessings of God always strikes on time. Then I asked my prayer partners for a provision of 7000php (4k for my exam and 3k as my pocket money) as my money going to Manila. I will leave Manila by July 20 and on that 3rd week of July I still don't have that amount of money. My friend who is also my companion in applying abroad, always told me that she lacks still some amount of money. I just smiled at her and told her: "it's okay cause God will provide, I still don't have money on hand but I know God is faithful to give me that amount of money." You know what's amazing? On the 19th of July, my brother texted me that he already deposited 3k on my bank account. That's a great news, so I only need 4k. On the night on that same date my mother hand me the money, it's 5k. So I have 8k on hand. God gave me 1k bonus.

When I was already in Manila, I still needed more money for other requirements. I asked for an express rush of my PRC License ID. I needed money for medical exam,for the red ribbon of my PRC certificates and school documents, visa stamping, stamping of documents in the embassy, and 25k for the processing fee. You know what's really amazing, God never failed me or even delayed His provision. 

I even thought that if I were rich maybe I didn't have to bother about money. But no! God made my present situation to work for His glory. Indeed my financial provisions were met! 

WISDOM
Before we make it through, we should first pass the PROMETRICS, it's one of those online examinations for those who will work in Middle East. While I was still working in the hospital, I make sure that I divide my time for me to be able to review. I just praise God that even though I don't get much enough sleep every day, He make sure that I am still well fit for me to finish all the requirements that I need before going to Manila. 

July 22 is the date of our examination, I was really nervous that time cause it's a 70 item exam and I don't know what questions would pop-up. I just let God guide me while I was in front of the computer. When I reached the last item, I'm still thinking if I would end it already or not.When I decided to click the end button, my heart was racing for I don't know if I would see the word in my screen. When I saw the word PASSED on my screen my heart was overjoyed and I utter these words THANKS GOD. Another provision met.



And as I am waiting for our papers to be released by POEA, I never forget to thank those people who have been with me through prayers. Our visa is ready.

On September 20 we had our PDOS (Pre-departure Orientation Seminar) and yesterday September 26 we headed back to the agency because we will meet our employer. I thank God for the favor because our employer is kind and he is trusted by the agency for many years. Our flight should be today September 27, but then POEA just released our OEC yesterday so our reservations was cancelled. But then blessings of God is there, it was rescheduled by September 30, but they made another reservation to make our flight earlier. So our final flight date is on September 29 at 4pm. 

I am excited but then a little bit nervous because it's a closed country, a Muslim one, and a nation wherein chaos is present. But as I always pray, I still claim God's promise to me on Joshua 1:9 wherein He will always be with me wherever I go and I should never be afraid or discouraged. But then brethren I still want to ask you to please continue to pray for God's favor as I work abroad. Favor for the people that I will encounter, the culture changes, my adaptability and adjustment to their culture, good camaraderie with the Muslim people and Filipinos who are also working there, strength and endurance as I work abroad, strong faith and hope for me to keep going, and for me to be a blessing for the people I work with and to maximize what God has given me and be able to share my faith though the situation and the country that I am in is a Muslim country. I would really appreciate your prayers cause that would mean a lot to me. 

Thank you. Many would think that this is the end of the journey, but I say that we are just beginning. As I look forward for God's greater plan for my life and how He would gonna use me to be part of His wide ministry, I am excited. As my friend said to me, that I should always have an excited heart for God. Even though I would earn in small amount, I did not care, for I know that in time God would bless me with greater things. I would not complain. I will just obey. God also gave me a start to be part of a ministry. I don't know how to budget everything for I owe people money that I used for my application. But I know God will give me wisdom on proper handling of my salary and though l would earn little, I still praise God for He made a way on how I can support someone with His blessing. 

Again, shokran (thanks) for the prayers. May God bless you more. To God be all the glory for everything. Blessings!

I thank these people and I pray for greater things for you:

Crista Andrea Napay
Maricel Manayon-Opena
Cipriano Opena
Rodora Ibay
Joan Ibay
Cesar Lonceras
Jerson Baria
Francis Buenconsejo Balingbing
Patricia Lynne Alcid
Kristina Federez
Roland Christopher Buenaventura
Christopher Infornon Alvarez
Sarah Medina Gonzaga
Carlo Adriel Del Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment